Before my mom died, she gave me a dog, Samantha.
Samantha has been with us ever since. She's an amazing soul who loves a good stomach rub and lots of cuddles. She's overcome some major medical issues in her lifetime. She lived through all the turmoil and sadness when we lost our mom. She's been a constant source of love in our family. When my dad remarried she easily transitioned into a new home and instantly loved Georgie and her two kids. She dropped five years in age when Deena was born. She loved to play with her and watch her as she grew from an infant to a toddler that gave her endless love.
Tonight our family had to say goodbye to her as she has become very sick and is time for her to pass. I don't know what I believe in terms of God, Heaven, and the after life. But I hope that Mom is reunited with the amazing gift she gave me more than 16 years ago.

This is a picture I snagged from Skype tonight.

Deena and Samantha
She's just so precious.
Very sad post... but glad you took time to write about Samantha. Its hard to believe that she has been through so much with all of us and has always showed so much love. We all know I am not a big dog person but Samantha will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart. So many good memories with her.... a favorite is when Buddy literally scared the s@#$! out of her.... ;) remember that one? I 2 hope that mom and Samantha are together again.
ReplyDeleteOh Melissa! I am so sorry.
ReplyDeleteI know from personal experience that in each of our lifetimes we are at some point united with a being that we are in a very particular but unconscious way deeply connected with. Unlike in human relationships, we are bonded to them without any words... the truest form of a spiritual connection. They come into our lives for very specific reasons and we often do not realize what those reasons were, or how much they gave to us until they have left. Samantha's body served its purpose. Her soul has done what it came to do, learned what it came to learn and she was free to go onto to the next level. I will be thinking of Samantha with a smile, knowing without a doubt in my mind that she is with your mom, reconnected with the soul that brought her to you in the first place.
ReplyDeleteLove you
Lizzie
I'm crying! Very sweet of you to share this with us Melis! Love and Miss you!
ReplyDelete