So Morgan and I took a short trip to California and hung with some of our friends.
First, we stayed with Johnny and Christine for a night. They took us to a bar in Laguna Beach. We sat on the roof deck, drank yummy drinks, people watched, enjoyed the beautiful sunset, and caught up with our newly engaged friends. Then we headed back to their place and ate a delicious salmon and ratatouille dinner.

Sunset

Johnny and Morgan

Christine and Me
Sunday we SLEPT IN! Yup that's right. We didn't get out of bed until 8:30 am. Johnny and I hit a trail along San Clemente Beach. We planned to run 5 miles, but it was HOT and he runs FAST. So we walked part of the way, which turned out to be great b/c it allowed me to take in the BEAUTIFUL scenery.
Morgan and I then headed to Manhattan Beach to reunite with our high school Friend Amir. It's been more than 10 years since we've seen him. We met his beautiful wife Annie and adorable son Blake (4 months.) They treated us to an AMAZING sushi dinner. Some of the best sushi I've ever had.
Unfortunately we then had to head back to Portland. Next time we'll have to do it right, and spend more time, soaking up the sun, seeing the sights, and hanging with our other friends in the area. It was simply just too short.
But before we left the state, I tried my first In and Out Burger. Yum...
From the looks of you today you soaked up a bit of sun. In-N-Out rocks. I still remember my first time eating there. Glad you two got a bit of a get away!
ReplyDelete