These two days, one right after the other have polar opposite significance in my life.
The 20th of January 1995 I lost my mom. It's been 16 years. I was 15 when she died so this year marks more time on earth without my mom than I had with her.
The 21st of January 2010 I brought my son into the world. He was a healthy newborn and remains a thriving young boy. He is the center of my world and I am excited to celebrate his first birthday tomorrow.
It's sometimes weird having a kid, and not having a mom. I have so many wonderful people in my life (you know who you are) who have filled in the some of the gaps of the hole she has left, but there will never be a replacement. How I wish she could be here to see Marxer, Myles and Odin. To hold them, love them, and get to know their little personalities.
So my blog posting today is to recognize the sadness and joy I feel today.
I leave you with a picture of my mom and baby sister Jeannie.

What a beautiful post, Melissa. Thinking about you today. (And your sweet boy tomorrow!)
ReplyDeleteLove you Melissa! Thinking about you today and celebrating Myles milestone tomorrow.. hey- that could be a tv show one day- myles milestones..... hmmm.
ReplyDeleteHow touching..... Melissa, please know that your mom would be so proud of you. I think that she can see what an amazing mom you are and how you love Myles with all of your heart and soul. I am sure that you learned that from her....
ReplyDelete