5.10.2010

Mother's Day Weekend

My first mother's day (as a mother) was pretty sweet. Christie and Amiee came to town. Of course Christie and Morgan had a few surprises up their sleeves. And since I'm extremely sleep deprived, I didn't catch onto a single clue.


Friday, we headed to the local library for Story Time. Christie and Amiee were great Aunts. They sang to Myles and read him two books on Colors.

Myles looks a bit worried in this picture, but he really did have a great time.
Later, we met Morgan for lunch downtown. We headed to the food carts.


Saturday started off slow which was quite relaxing. I slept in... if you call getting up at 8am sleeping in. But that's another topic. Morgan made vege Sausage sandwiches and smoothies. Mmmmm. Then we went to the Farmers Market down town. It was nice to give Christie and Amiee a flavor of Portland.




Then came the big surprise. They took me to a Salon for a massage, facial, manicure, blow dry, and make up. I came out feeling relaxed and beautiful. It was great time with Christie and nice to have a break.

Later that evening Morgan and I went to Sinju for dinner. One of our favorite sushi restaurants.



Sunday was bitter sweet. We hung out, went shopping on Mississippi Ave. and Nike Factory Store. Two random strangers wished me a Happy Mother's Day. Morgan got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, a package of Double Stuffed Oreos and a very sweet card. But it was time for Christie and Amiee to fly home. So that was a sad for me.



I'm so glad they made it out here and were able to spend some QT with Myles. Turns out Christie was the star of the weekend. Whenever Myles was cranky, Christie turned on her charm and made him smile and giggle.



1 comment:

  1. Okay okay Christie... I see what you are talking about. Myles loooovvvvveeesss you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete